The Cookery was founded on the belief that local producers can not only feed their community, but are the driving force behind culinary ingenuity and new food movements. Our community, the Triangle, is fortunately chock-full of innovative thinkers and food-focused entrepreneurs. The Front Room prompts Triangle residents to participate in The Cookery’s celebration of culinary talent in a community events space connected to our kitchen facility. Boasting exposed brick walls, distinctive metalwork salvaged from Durham landmarks, and a ceiling stretching 20 feet high, The Front Room will serve as a venue for pop-up restaurants, specialty food shows, Culinary Workshops, private dinners and receptions, and a myriad of other creative endeavours that are just waiting to be developed.
Featured details include:
- 2,500 sq. ft. space that can accommodate a seated dinner for up to 175 guests*
- seating, tables and tableware for 125 people - all you need to rent are the linens! Should you have more than 125 guests, we can certainly accommodate you! All of our inventory can be matched with American Party Rentals' inventory.
- outdoor patio prepped for tenting
- completely adjustable lighting, offering various lighting combinations that can change throughout the event.
- a full bar, featuring local NC beers on tap and professional bartenders
- state of the art audio/visual equipment
- central location in Durham with close access to Highway 147 and is a short walk to downtown Durham, Main Street, and Duke's East campus
*For cocktail style events, we can accommodate over 225 guests. Please click on the Amenities page to view our amenities and layouts in detail!
Select photos in rotator by Megapixie Photography.