The Cookery is a state of the art professional kitchen facility.
The Cookery is a certified food production facility located in the historic Durham Food Co-op building on West Chapel Hill Street. Entrepreneurs launching or expanding upon a culinary business can rent the kitchen for one-time events or on an ongoing basis.
The Cookery is dedicated to:
- supporting local food talent to create and distribute exciting new culinary goods.
- providing our members with top-of-the-line equipment, multiple cooking stations, secured food storage and food truck terminals.
- providing business infrastructure and logistic support, such as small business planning and training, promotional materials, brand design, marketing and business seminars for culinary entrepreneurs.
All you need is a good recipe and a love of cooking. We’ll provide everything else.
The Cookery is a membership-based organization. In order to begin putting our tools to work for you, visit the Getting Started page for information about membership.
- 4 Full Size Convection Ovens
- 6 Burner Range
- Salamander Broiler
- 36” Char Grill
- 36” Griddle
- 40 lb Fryer
- 80, 40 and 7 qt Mixers
- Continuous-Feed Slicers/Graters
- Continuous-Feed Robot Coupe Processors
- 60 qt Immersion Blender
- 60 qt Tilt Kettle
- Bakers Station
- 20 Sheet Pan Dough Proofer
- Walk-In And Reach-In Coolers
- Reach-In Freezers
- 52 Rack per hour Dishwasher
- Raw Meat Prep Area
- Personal Lockers
We provide all the pots and pans. The only things you have to bring are your utensils and knives.
Photos by D.L. Anderson and Cameron Farlow. Copyright 2012 The Cookery. All rights reserved.